Friday, July 16

your camera went somewhere without you.?

Early this morning my incredible, fabulous, camera went on vacation without me. LOL Son1 and Sweetee borrowed it to make a quick getaway excursion to see her bestie and hubby, and her brother who has recently returned stateside with the Navy.

A person I consider a friend, whose camera is never lent to ANYONE, even to take a picture of herself (she uses a tripod and remote for that, she told me,) was appalled that I could so easily lend mine out. She doesn't understand me any more than I understand her, today... She has no point of reference for being a mom, as she never wanted children and I have no point of reference for stuff being more important than the close and trusting relationship I have with my kids... I admit that I laughed at her shock and dismay. Then I apologized, but I still don't understand it.

Son1 leaves in 6 weeks for Navy boot and the start of many new adventures for them together as he makes a career out of this change in their life-paths. I am told by a friend whose been a Navy wife for more than 30 years, and whose hubby is "up there" in rank, and by some other Navy contacts that the Nuclear Program is pretty exclusive ~ I know Son1 is excited to be a part of it. I am happy for them, because it is what they want.

Everyone knows he will of course have deployments and they will have days of missing family/loved ones and probably short stints of "hating life" ahead of them both... so for now they concentrate on enjoying the time they have together. They are so in love and I consider myself lucky to be called "mom" by all my kids.

It really wasn't a sacrifice to lend them my baby... errr, I mean ~ my camera.! LOL I DO miss it, because I have taken to carrying it everywhere I go, just in case I find a "one shot deal". The only truly bad part is that now these kids of mine will find that they have to start saving, in order to buy one. hahaha I certainly have found that once I started taking pics with my DSLR I was spoiled for "anything" else! I've had a great little point and shoot for a long time, and it takes fine pics... but I hardly ever use it any more. And even though I don't really think of my camera as an indispensable part of my life ~ like my children and hubby... my Canon~T1i is one of the best purchases we have made in our married life, I find myself wishing and planning for places to go and things to "snap". ;-) I really enjoy using it, and yeah, I even miss it this morning.

But mostly, I am happily hoping Son1 and Sweetee have fun, make lots of memories, and get lots of GREAT shots and movies this weekend to keep them company through the months of separation that are coming up. They will do fine with their challenges, they are REALLY good kids and devoted to each other, they are strong and I have great faith in them... but having good pictures WILL help with the separation!

So yeah, I let my camera go on vacation without me.! ;-)

No comments: