Tuesday, January 4

in search of comfort...

A Child’s Prayer
 
Heavenly Father, are you really there?
And do you hear and answer ev’ry child’s prayer?
Some say that heaven is far away,
But I feel it close around me as I pray.
Heavenly Father, I remember now
Something that Jesus told disciples long ago:
“Suffer the children to come to me.”
Father, in prayer I’m coming now to thee.

Pray, he is there;
Speak, he is list’ning.
You are his child;
His love now surrounds you.
He hears your prayer;
He loves the children.
Of such is the kingdom, the kingdom of heav’n.

Words and music: © 1984 by Janice Kapp Perry. 
This song may be copied for incidental, noncommercial church or home use.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

John 14 : 27
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. ...

I'm not sure of the difference between peace and comfort. But I know we can suffer, and still have His peace with us. And for reasons I don't pretend to fully understand or even like, suffering, even longsuffering, is required of us at times.
I will pray your answers to prayer will come sooner rather than later. Or maybe not. Sometimes they only come after this life! So, instead, I'll pray for peace to be with you.

~pollyanna said...

I suppose I gave the wrong impression, but I am at peace despite struggling with PTSD, as well as chronic pain and whiplash because of the accident.

I know it sounds a bit contrary, but I know I am never alone even when I am feeling very afraid at times, being unable to control my heart flutters and mind shutters is frustrating but does not leave me with hopelessness or the feeling that recovery is impossible.

I just woke up, from a bad night singing this song.