Friday, June 27

I have THE most wonderful husband...

To all of you out there that THINK your hubby is the most wonderful... I'm sorry... I win...

My hubby regularly tells me that he loves me... he regularly mentions that he misses me when he is away from me... even just for a work shift... he regularly plans dates and helps plan weekends away... he very often rubs my feet... and even though I tell him not to waste his personal mad money on them... he regularly brings me flowers... This is not because I am particularly attached to flowers... I like them... but he really likes giving them... and cards... he has become engaged by sappy cards, and looks for just the right one that says just what he wants to say.

These are not occasional blips in his choices or efforts to demonstrate his affection... These are regular events... Often enough that I worry at times that I take for granted how thoughtful he is...

I try to do things in return that speak to him in his language of love... I try to make his favorite meals, leave notes in his lunches... plan a romantic evening... express my own love for him in ways that he will recognize...

Today I got these beautiful yellow roses... The yellow rose within marriage implies sweet domesticity and familiar love. Contentment, everlasting joy and a sense of snugness are what the yellow roses convey. A love that has matured with age and no longer seeks to achieve impossible heights, a relationship secure in the knowledge of its strengths - In marriage the yellow rose stands for steadfast affection.

Along with the roses I received a very sweet card which reads...

For My Wife,
The Love of My Life.

Sometimes I can barely believe
how lucky I am
to be sharing my life with you...

I know a lasting marriage
takes work and compromise,
and yet I feel incredibly lucky
to have found someone
I love more each day
and who I keep falling in love with
over and over through the years.

The world may change around us.
but that doesn't worry me,
because I married the love of my life---
and that makes me
the luckiest man alive.
Happy Anniversary [ALL year] *

*(italic words added.)

No comments: