Monday, January 4

a photo journal...

My friend that is really into landscape photography (as in semi-pro, in southeastern Utah,) on finding out that I got a cool new camera at Christmas, suggested that I post one new picture every day... I gather from what she said this is called a "Project 365". My first thought? 365 pictures in the same # of days? Geez, that's like a picture a day for a year. No way Phyllis Diller.! (I jokingly call her that, because her name starts with Phil... and she and I go WAY back, and it's well, a JOKE... She looks nothing like Phyllis Diller, more like a very young and pretty Donna Reed if you ask me. But that is beside the point...) That's way too dedicated for this slacker, dear friend!

Having said that Phil, darling... I "will" try for 52 pix in one year... That would be relatively, one picture a week. Still, I won't promise to post these pictures on the same day each week... and if I miss a week I will TRY to catch up by posting two the next week... BUT... NO PROMISES. Period.! Do you understand, dearheart? And NO guilt, you hear? hahahahaha You know I love ya', but seriously Phil, I am simply NOT a photographer, and you can't use the "but you have that cool camera that you simply need to use", card... OK? I KNOW have a phenomenal camera now, but you need to remember that my youngest is much better (and I mean SERIOUSLY, much better,) at using it right now, than "I" may ever be...

There... Now that the ground rules are laid out, here goes:

EDITED: because of a change in plans... see my Jan 5th 2010 post. This picture has been moved to a new blog.

1 comment:

Megan said...

woohoo! Go project 52! I've looked at such projects, and then decided that I take enough pictures anyway that to make it mandatory daily might fill up my hard drive.

I love that rose picture! Great depth of field!