Wednesday, September 29

half way...

I mentioned a while back that Son1 joined the Navy.  He is now just about half way done.

Sweetee received a couple short phone calls and some letters.  More letters will arrive and at least one more phone call to tell her she is officially a Navy Wife.  The time is moving along, although not nearly fast enough for those of us waiting for the trip to go see him graduate from Recruit Training Command.

I've never been to IL and so it will be fun to see a new part of the country.  Hubby and I are taking the train and making a real vacation out of it.  We are also celebrating out 27th anniversary on the trip home and are stopping off for 4 days in a very special spot where I have a lot of family history.

The train trip itself should be an adventure, as we have reserved a sleeping unit on the train, and that means we'll be in a private compartment for the whole trip.  Meals are included.  It's another second honeymoon.  We try to take one every year, but it's only worked out about half the time. I think this year's is the 15th, so not too shabby. 

I am almost as excited about this trip as I was our cruise... Seems a million years ago since our cruise.  So much has happened in our lives.  I am excited to see our son in uniform and I am super excited to see new places and spend time with hubby... away from home where he can't get called in to work.

This morning I simply feel grateful for my life. I have a fabulous hubby, he is the focus of my heart and time.  He is the love of my life.  I love my children and am grateful for the blessing to see them grow into adult people that give back to the world.  I have a home that is safe and secure.  I feel so blessed.

No comments: