Friday, September 3

...a picture says a thousand words!

Anyone that knows Hubby knows he dislikes having his picture taken. I have to admit, I am not much better, I tend to see myself as old and fat in pictures any more, so I think, "why?" But he got me this great camera last Christmas so really he shouldn't be surprised that I want to take pictures of him/us.

Monday we had respite care in to take care of MIL and spent the evening with Son1 and Sweetee. Hubby was not going to be able to go down for Son1's "farewell" dinner, the night before he left for boot, so we planned an evening so that Son1 could say goodbye and spend some time with his dad... we had dinner and a fun time together. We were over at the square (downtown), I was snapping random shots trying to get something to put up on my 365, which is behind schedule, and we came to the courthouse steps. They called out "photo-op" so I lined up Son1 and Sweetee first, and this is the cute shot of got of them...

Hubby was less thrilled when I explained I wanted the same pose for us! "You just took pictures of us" he commented. (On Aug 7th, I got a snap of us together when we stopped at a lookout point.) So, the first shot shows his true feelings about pictures, LOL.
But actually the second one is the money shot, because he really is not only a good sport, but a fun date, 27 years, 3 kids and a million kisses later!

All of this is going on with me behind him and Son1 on the shutter... I had no idea.  When I started editing the pictures I laughed myself silly.

However did I get so LUCKY to find this wonderful, faithful, good-for-me, man?

No comments: