Monday, January 2

. . .on to an energized Clanhouse in 2012

It's a new year and some new goals [and challenges] to face!

I am adding "The 52 Weeks to an Organized Home" ~ weekly challenge to my 2012 yearly plan.  This coming year is all about personal improvement in my mind.  I have some personal goals that I've been doing pretty well at, but I am stepping up my game to include getting stronger physically and more organized generally.

I use a "mesh" of several cleaning and organizing ideas. Sidetracked Home Executives, Don Aslett, The Fly Lady, and a few other cleaning gurus have helped me created a personal cleaning plan that works for me... this year I'll also have a housekeeper, our daughter [PrincessBride] is going to work for me ~ she is a really great worker, and I have really missed her get it done abilities since she left home.  She's already made such a big difference to the house's cleanliness...  The other plus to this arrangement [which also will help her be a SAHM] is that I get to play/be with our little grandPrincess once a week while PB cleans.

The Food Nanny, My Recipes, and Meals Matter ~ while utilizing Google Cal/Docs are all sites that have helped me get a better handle on meal planning and recipe management. This saved so much time and money ~ I love living with some organization in my life.

Now I want to tackle some of the stuff that falls through the cracks [like strength building through good health habits and organizing all those small spaces that are hidden from view...]  I am hoping this organizing plan will be one of the answers to getting the small stuff dealt with around here.  I've been doing pretty well when it comes to this "first week's" challenge, espeically since we moved to our new home.  Still I like a LOT of the ideas here, so I thought I would share... and keep track of how my progress goes.

We did a big declutter/purge as part of the move ~ so it's easier to keep going now.  Anyway ~ let the organizing BEGIN in earnest!

Week 1 ~ Kitchen Organization

No comments: