Thursday, July 31

a more perfect smile...

After a "3 years and some months" journey Son2 got his braces off today. He is the only child that we have that needed braces... we had a few "adopteds" that wore braces... but this was our only experience with complete responsibility for a child with braces, from start to finish. As another side note I wore braces myself but hubby did not, even though he probably should have.

Another interesting factoid is that Son2 is the only child that got our bad eyesight and wears glasses... Hubby and I have both worn glasses since we were young. Son2 started wearing them in middle school... so maybe he is more like us physically though the other too look more like me... Son2 favors my older brother and hubby's father...

Anyway... Son2 has always been a happy kid... full of smiles and overall I would say he is the clown in the family, most families have one, and surprisingly it is often a younger child... Our baby boy had a wonderful smile since birth, and now that smile is just a bit more perfected...

We decided on braces for him because he had some serious abnormalities in the way his permanent teeth had come in... so now he will have much better success as he goes through life caring for his pearly whites... so we are really glad for the ability to provide braces for him...

He is still getting used to the changes in his mouth... and he'll be talking funny with his retainers in for a bit yet... but overall he is ONE HAPPY CAMPER today and sharing that smile in a much bigger way...

1 comment:

Dionne said...

I remember well when my braces came off - my parents bought me a big bag of apples, a jumbo pack of gum and some toffee to celebrate.

And I spent an inordinate amount of time running my tongue over the surfaces of my teeth because they felt so smooth.

Good times. I wish your son extra smiling.