Wednesday, February 18

personal note...

After many months of issues, (years actually) lots of research, and several doctors opinions... my hysterectomy is finally taking place this afternoon... Originally hubby and I wanted this surgery to happen in November, then the target date was moved to December... unfortunately because of his accident we had to postpone that date to the end of February or early March...... The decision to again revised the date to "now" was made possible only 2 weeks ago, because hubby is doing so well again and is back to working his regular schedule...

It is anticipated that I will only be in the hospital 2 days/nights... nevertheless because of some specific health risks I have, that time frame may be just a bit longer... It is my intention to get messages out, via my phone and/or kindle, and with the help of my family... I have spent some time and energy the last little while setting up and testing out mobile update options... my family will help me update this blog and other networking options (email and facebook)... the first info those interested will receive will be a short message that everything went just fine, as expected... someone will certainly text family/close friends who we have that contact info for... Later as I am feeling more awake and no doubt in need of a distraction, I will try to pass on more info...

We have lots of hope (my doctor feels especially confident...) that this surgery will eliminate several pressing and chronic issues I have been dealing with, for these many, many months... but in any event, my female problems are simply creating so many variables we don't really know where they end and my disease issues begin, so this is a step that will separate all of that, and help define our questions... most importantly we hope that this step will give us more answers in the long run... We feel that this is the right choice for me... and I will personally be very glad when it is all over.

Thanks in advance for the prayers that will be said...

No comments: