Wednesday, February 25

water please...

Wouldn't it be nice if we didn't have to inconvenience others??? In the last week as I have been recovering from surgery I have periodically needed something, but was in too much pain to move or just felt bad enough that I wished I had a little robot so that I didn't have to inconvenience my family members who have been helping me...

Today I am finally feeling like my abdomen has not just been hit by a baseball bat... (and I mean a really big hitter, going after a home run...) I was as prepared as anyone could possible be for my hysterectomy, and yet the pain levels I have dealt with have been much greater than I was ready for... even a week later blowing my nose takes psyching up for, coughing is nearly impossible... and sneezing create a fear stiff enough to make me go into panic mode... because I am so afraid of the pain... It still requires all my energy and personal determination to get up for a glass of water... to use the bathroom... and to even eat. I dose day and night... but it's not been a restful-like dosing... more like hoping for the bad thing to go away, but feeling it there, just below the surface...

At least today I can say that the pain is at last starting to fade... I am taking a lot less pain medication now (over the last 24-48 hrs) and I am hoping that will also help my body to feel better... I do not tolerate pain medications well, they cause unusual reactions in me that others do not always have... so while they are necessary, I use them, but I am always more than ready and very willing to cut back and/or give them up entirely. I think it is a situation where they tend to build up in my system and leave me feeling groggy and irritable...

Anyway, I am starting to come up for air... to all my friends and family that have expressed good wishes and said prayers... thank you...

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Polly, you asked, "Wouldn't it be nice if we didn't have to inconvenience others?" I dunno. Someone might ask, "Wouldn't it be nice if we didn't have to serve others?" I think there's something to be gained from both giving and receiving service. Receiving: humility, gratitude, compassion. Giving: selflessness, compassion, feelings of usefulness and purpose.
Still praying for a great recovery for you, - Bonnie

~pollyanna said...

true Bonnie... however when you live the part of the one in need for years and years it becomes wearing, and it is harder to see the value...

I am grateful to be able to provide service opportunities for others... I'd just like to be on the other end more often... and when I do get the opportunity to serve I would love for it not to wear me out... [winkyz]