Monday, April 20

less ouch... ugh... and bleh...

...even though I am still recouping from last Saturday...

I would not have given up that day for anything in the world, but it sure took a lot out of me... We will be repeating the same general schedule in mid May with the whole immediate family and many extended family members planning on being at the temple together... I hope I continue to get stronger by then, so I can enjoy the day even more... We always love going to the temple together as a family... and that trip will be extra special next month for a few reasons... We are all definitely looking forward to that day...

I hope we can get some more family photos after, that I can share... it might be our last chance to get everyone "snapped" while in nice clothes before Son2 leaves for boot camp in July... and just maybe we can get some new, great couple/single shots of all the kids, that we can use to update the family picture wall in the living room... Most of those are at least a year old...

In other news I am gathering recipes/ideas and planning a birthday dinner for Son2 in early May... and wishing we could all be together for that... But with work and school schedules... well, that is probably a hopeless dream... I have a few ideas that sound like fun, but Son2 gets to pick the food and he hasn't settled on a menu, so I am not sure what we are eating... gotta' zero in on that... the date is fast approaching.

Hubby and I need a new "long weekend get away~marriage renewal" trip (which we actually don't usually do on a true weekend, because hotel pricing/deals are often better during the week...) We are looking at the end of May or early June for that plan of action. We haven't done anything really special since our anniversary last November because of hubby's accident and then my surgery... But it has been our practice to do something special together once a quarter for a few years now... and we are really hoping to manage an inexpensive get away very soon...

We have had some great times in the last few months while being at home, and just spending time together... Since all the kids are grown it is pretty easy to find time alone... But there is something wonderful and magical about going somewhere and seeing something or some place new... Not to mention we have friends in several cities within a few hours of our home that we haven't seen in ages, and would like to... so we are looking at a lot of options for a 3-4 day mid-week trip.

I'm feeling pretty good these days... I have less pain than I have had for a lot of months, now that I am mostly healed... I don't have much stamina, but when I do feel up to doing things I am mostly able to manage doing them without much pain... a major improvement over last fall and winter... so hurray to that!

Life is good... I am a little slow at times, but good... so to those that have asked about why I have been so quiet lately on the updates... I just haven't had much to say, except that I am doing okay... and, how many different ways can you say that??? (Without sounding totally boring???) Life is good, it's just fine and dandy... but there is nothing much to report... So all you worry warts out there can stop worrying about me... honest...

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

All sounds good, Polly. The anticipation of family gatherings and little vacations is almost as much fun as the actual events, I've found. It doesn't take much at all to keep us glad!