Wednesday, August 27

guard dog extraordinaire...

Our scruffy little schnauzer thinks he is a guard dog... He thinks he is THE guard dog... you know, the BEST guard dog on the planet...? Really... he thinks he must be... I mean how can YOU doubt it...??? Cats that are trespassing in HIS back yard run faster than a shot in the dark, when he is let out... birds too scatter beyond quickly... so his "king of the heap" mentality just would never believe that he is NOT the very picture of a ferocious guard dog... So it'll be our little secret...

I love my silly little dog... he is sometimes the warm eyes that I actually "converse" with the most... and before you start thinking me nuts... I don't fall into the category of thinking he answers me... thought he does have ways of letting me know certain things.... he keeps me feeling safe at night and we understand each other.... After all, he has trained me very well as to his personal preferences for food, treats, AND when he needs to be let out... which has become ridiculously often... especially when I am NOT in the mood for his "guard dog" approach to life...

He is almost 2 years old now... we got him as a 10 week old puppy, so he and I know each other well... He behaves pretty good most of the time... except when he think he has to become "the guard dog"... then he stops thinking and his little brain goes in the "instinct mode"...

So it has come as quite a surprise that my guard dog is terrified of thunder storms... and I mean TERRIFIED!!!! He hides in my closet... and not even his guard dog instinct can draw him outside until the storm is past... to me that is very funny...

No comments: