Sunday, August 3

prayer...

From the FHE manual:
We are all children of God. He loves us and knows our needs, and He wants us to communicate with Him through prayer. We should pray to Him and no one else. The Lord Jesus Christ commanded, "Ye must always pray unto the Father in my name" (3 Nephi 18:19). As we make a habit of approaching God in prayer, we will come to know Him and draw ever nearer to Him. Our desires will become more like His. We will be able to secure for ourselves and for others blessings that He is ready to give if we will but ask in faith.

My children through their short years when we were having gospel discussion as a family here and there have shared insight about how when they were in HS... that without seminary and silent personal prayer often they would have been completely lost walking around the halls between classes because there is so much of the adversary's influence in the populace of that particular world. That always saddened me deeply, and it was not the first time I had heard the concept... still it was hard to know my children were immersed in it.

Over time it has been brought to my mind that while each of my children have probably suffered living among untold levels of evil in their tender short lives already, they are not afraid... and they use the tools that Heavenly Father has given all of us to gain peace, strength, comfort, knowledge, success... and greater faith in the future...

I wish I was more like my kids...

No comments: