Wednesday, December 17

that smells just like...

...... my memory of...

I like candles, and other type of ways to make our home smell nice... I use them on a warmer, so as not to have a burning flame going... some of my favorite candles are the Christmas ones that remind me of pies or cookies baking... I have quite a few of those... Then there are the ones that remind me of my mother's home... smell of orange spice, lemon zest, and honeysuckle... Each of these candles have come out for a few days this holiday season as I revel in some of my family memories... unfortunately the potency of the candles are fading... Maybe next year we can get a few new ones...

I was thinking that yesterday afternoon I would feel up to baking a few cookies, just to get the house into that lovely cookies and cocoa mood... but the energy to do that alluded me... Then I thought... maybe hubby could help if we brought the mixer and all the ingredients to the dining room table??? Now there was a great idea... success!

Definitely one of the nicest parts about the holidays for me is the memories that are triggered by certain foods and the pleasant smells that this time of year brings... So this morning we have treats for visitors and are inviting all to come on over for a cookie and a mug of cocoa or herb tea... It's on US!

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Mmmm, fun and fragrant project!