Monday, January 19

a few worthy suggestions...

I mentioned earlier in my posts that one of my goals for 2009 was to take more personally the admonition to study the gospel... More specifically I want to more fully bring the spirit into my own life and our home and I want to do that with more enthusiasm... I am doing well so far this year on my follow through... I am currently one day ahead on my personal scripture study... I have found greater comfort in prayer, and I am finding peace in my limitations, by seeking out that which lifts me up...

I wanted to share with my extended family members and of course friends... free services I have found useful and that help impart these goals... partially as a way to help others bring more of the joy of the gospel into their own homes... Here are a few helping hands I have found and used over the months and years that have helped me... some are still helping me... For me, most of these are tried and true resources:

LDS Living ~ weekly lessons for FHE...

These lessons can be adapted for any family age and even include refreshment recipes... I first started getting these weekly emailed lessons after my children were already mostly grown, and have not really used them myself, but I know a lot of young moms that do... and I share this because I love the ease with which today's family could have a lesson ready using this service.

Read The Scriptures

Daily or weekly reading schedules by email immediately, with audio links included for the scripture... I have been using this for several years to keep on track with my personal and at times team reading goals.

LDS Living ~ a safe email choice

With all the advantages of Gmail, (as far as size and features) but better filters to catch spam, so that you don't even see it in your spam folder. I have been very happy with this service and am slowing transferring many of my email needs over... One very smart thing I have done is create throw my away accounts here and then I forward to one main account... throw away accounts are the ones you give out to websites when you have to give out an email address, or sign up... This has greatly decreased the amount of spam I get...

LDS Gems

Inspirational quotes from the official church website. There are several choices of when and what type of "gems" you want to receive in your email. I have been getting daily gems for many years.

LDS Journal

Help to put your personal journal goals into a realistic form... I am in the process of gathering all my scattered journals and personal writings into one place and I am using this service to do it... You can even self publish.

No comments: