Wednesday, January 28

pollyisms to live by:

Yesterday I spent a couple hours washing all our clothes at a laundromat because the washer is having a major problem... this brings up a pollyism to live by...

I can be so very glad that I don't live in a bad part of town in a big city...

The people in that laundromat were scary... not because of the way they looked, but because of the way they talked... most were extremely offensive in their language... saying terrible things to each other and small children that I would not dream of repeating... and this is in a quiet, relatively safe, small town... I sure wouldn't like to be in a worse place... so here is another pollyism...

I am GLAD I am sheltered...

What a horrible experience... before I have to do laundry again we have to get this washer fixed~!

UPDATE: (Jan 30th ~ 4pm) I have a brand new washer... Costco stands firmly behind the products they sell, so even though the manufacture tried to pay games... and was not standing behind their warranty we were covered beyond my expectations. The problem was a fluky assembly defect that should not have ever happened... and we will certainly hope for the best that the new washer will last a very long time...

1 comment:

The Duke of Stratford said...

Sometimes it is shocking to the system to realize how coarsened some are in the world. I think this is what is so amazing when someone finds the gospel who has lived that way their entire lives and experiences that mighty change of heart. There is a man in our ward who was a thug when he was younger. He used drugs and was a very scary man. I knew him back then and sometimes he gets discouraged though when he struggles all these years later to live the gospel and to overcome the way he was, even though it was so long ago. I have reminded him and others in our ward that I knew him back then and that he is living proof that the gospel changes lives. Although he still struggles sometimes, he does not even resemble the man he once was.