Monday, January 5

rehab and Monday musings...

It's Monday again... one more week has passed in hubby's recovery process... he is doing great in that area... but very anxious for the last week of non-weight bearing limits to pass. He wants back on the job... he misses his normal routines and responsibilities... He really loves his responsibilities in nursing, and misses his staff and patients, as much as the joy of being busy and useful. Everyone at his workplace miss him too and are praying very diligently for his speedy return...

Hubby managed a trip in to visit work last week for the first time since the accident and now he just can't WAIT to get on the elliptical cross-trainer that we have in the family room (not till next week though)... We got the this wonderful piece of exercise equipment a few years ago to help me especially with my mobility issues... and who could have predicted what a blessing it would be to hubby at this time in his life... Having it will mean that he will be able to regain his mobility with less inconvenience... because he will be able to complete most of his rehab at home, and won't have to try and find people to drive him to multiple weekly appointments while he is gaining his strength and independence. (I will post a picture next week as soon as he can start using it.)

I am unfortunately headed for another down cycle over the next 2 weeks, but I am really hoping that it may be my last one... The current plan is for my hysterectomy to be completed by the end of February, and unless there are unforeseen complications my doctor believes that I should be doing much better in about 10-12 weeks. That is what I am hanging on to right now... and believe me when you look at treatment in terms of months and years, a few more weeks actually seem like a small time frame... There is the expectation that many concerns that are forefront in my health right now are directly related to my need for this surgery...

In the mean time I am still working on sorting, filing, dejunking and giving unneeded items away from a seated position... That is... in between my many daily naps... [wink-wink]

2 comments:

Michael Larsen said...

So glad to hear that Main Dude is getting better and anxious to get on with the process (that's usually a very good sign :) ).

Bonnie said...

Yeah! You two may both be feeling like spring chickens sometime this spring!