Thursday, March 19

avoiding the "lulled into tomorrow" syndrome...

The last 4 weeks have been pretty much a blur of sameness... I haven't bounced back from surgery quite as quickly as I had hoped... but... I think I am finally feeling better... at least I have had less pain the last few days. I am really grateful for that...

To try and keep my mind active and not be lulled into a stupor I have been spending some of my time while recovering working on genealogy... I've been helping a friend with her research... Working together through emails and online chats we hit pay dirt and located major information on 2 of her family's lines... that has been really fun... We also got her 4 generation information entered into the online database at Family Search. Plus, I caught up on all my blog reading, participated in one completed and one newly started personal study goals... spent some time on my journal and wrote some letters... so my time has not been wasted... just a lot less physically active than I want, even for me...

Today I am hoping to get a couple boxes sorted and more than a few things allotted to recycle through donation... this process of getting rid of stuff is going more slowly than I want, we have so much stuff that still needs to go away... But we will get there... I am looking forward to feeling good enough in a few more weeks to start back on house renovations which got stalled last year by preparations for our Princess Bride's wedding (see May 2008)... The floors got finished last summer but not all the painting we had planned got done, because I had too many health issues associated with my need for my recent surgery... so that is also on my list of "to do" and I am getting impatient to get back to those improvements we planned, and already bought the supplies for...

It's pretty certain that in the next few weeks that I will get back to some kind of "normalcy"... Spring is here in our neck of the woods and like everyone else I know I am simply impatient to be actively involved in some kind of "spring cleaning" activity... Not to mention, I really dislike the whole "lulled" thing that happens when you are "waiting" for time to pass... (and when you are waiting for a certain amount of healing to finish happening...) So I fight it, but there is only so much I can do for now...

That doesn't change the fact that I continue to feel glad that I have online resources to do something productive while being so limited physically... I am reminded that that there are always ways to do good and find "joy" in life...

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Who was it that said last general conference that even someone confined to a hospital bed can serve by being kind and/or grateful to those who are doing the caregiving? ... Henry B. Eyring, maybe? Now, if one is in a coma, hmmm, I'm not sure.

But good work, Polly, you are productive indeed.