Monday, March 30

anxiously preparing...

In case "Mormon Times" isn't on your radar for news or online reading material I wanted to share this article...

It's a well written opinion piece that expresses many of the things that I too feel about General Conference... In my opinion, these periodic conferences (and that includes stake and ward conferences, but right now I am concentrating on General Conference which is coming up April 4-5...) are a chance to take in oodles of spiritual insights, and renew my often depleting well of spiritual need without putting anything out on the table for others... that is, except my willingness to listen and put into practice counsel from church leaders...

It is in reality a completely selfish opportunity for refilling my lamp with pure and sacred oil, not just tiny drops that I can and do try to gather for myself... General Conference weekends are full of thousands of drops in just those TWO weekends a year... personally I crave the chance to wallow in the spirit semi-annually! I am completely psyched up... I really can hardly wait...

Please feel free to join me in the experience...

No comments: