Monday, March 2

find joy in life...

Last month I mentioned that I use "Read My Scriptures" in my personal and family study efforts... This has been a great tool for me, I have even donated to the cause because I like it so much... Right now I have 3 reading schedules I get reminders for... The weekly Gospel Doctrine Sunday School lessons, my personal study of scripture, and a family schedule, from which I pull out ONE scripture reference a day to text to our immediate family (plus one friend that wanted to be included)... These three reading schedules come in an email... and since I generally read my email daily, I then remember to read my desired scripture schedule...

Once I finish reading there is a "completed" button to hit, which then triggers the next day's reading assignment to be emailed to me. Clicking on that completed button also opens a new web page to the Read My Scriptures web site and there is always a quote included as an added boost to my studies... today's quote was too good not to pass on...
"Sadness, disappointment, and severe challenge are events in life, not life itself. I do not minimize how hard some of these events are. They can extend over a long period of time, but they should not be allowed to become the confining center of everything you do. The Lord inspired Lehi to declare the fundamental truth, "Men are, that they might have joy." That is a conditional statement: "they might have joy." It is not conditional for the Lord. His intent is that each of us finds joy. It will not be conditional for you as you obey the commandments, have faith in the Master, and do the things that are necessary to have joy here on earth." --Richard G. Scott, "Finding Joy in Life", Ensign, May 1996, 24
The last few months... (and some times it feels like years) have been especially challenging for me personally and for our family as well... we have had our share of economic woes, along with the rest of the country although only some of those challenges are because of family members losing jobs... Many of our challenges have been tempered by living the gospel and following council for years in the past... but honestly that does not mean that we do not feel the challenges deeply...

Like Adam and Eve we are left to make our way in the lone and dreary world. But thank heavens we also have the benefit of the Ministry of Angels....

No comments: