Saturday, September 6

a tea party...

I really like almost everything Victorian... and the idea of tea parties is appealing to me... I only drink herbal tea... but I really like to go to restaurants where they understand and serve the whole "afternoon tea" set up... While we were in Victoria B.C. we drove by the Empress Hotel (on the sightseeing bus). I was singularly tempted to attend the evening tea they arranged for that day's cruise ship tourists... but the crowds were too large and the prices were too high.

I have come up with a solution to missing that tea... I am going to have a "tea" for my "girls" and my friends... You know the whole shebang... various sandwiches, scones (with butter, clotted cream and jam) plus a few cakes and pastries... and I would like to serve it all on tiered stands. *note to self... call around...*

I need to do this in September, because Princess Bride and Sir Knight are moving away in October. He got a got job that is a great opportunity and so as soon as their lease is up PB will follow her hubby far away from us. I am glad for them and sad for us... September will be a difficult for PB while SK commutes for weekends at home. They will be bless though, of that I am sure.

In the meantime I think we will have a little tea party as a way to pass part of the time... [BIG grin]

No comments: