Tuesday, October 14

politics...

My "early-absentee" ballot was in the mail a couple days ago... I won't talk about how I voted except to say that I am a huge defender of marriage... traditional family.. and living within your means! I pray that all the different state propositions to uphold marriage and family in this nation win. Personally I believe that some of the Washington "Supercilious Crowd" who thought they were untouchable are on their way OUT, if my vote is an indication... AND if you ask me... which of course you didn't... this has been ONE of the worst, ONE of the ugliest, and ONE of the most frustrating elections I have seen in 33 years of casting my personal vote! Now this next part just has to be said (I have said it before in other places... but not here...) and then I promise I won't mention it again...

I am SICK and TIRED of this election year... this election year has actually gone on for two years, not one... and has been SO frustrating to me personally as I have tried to form enlightened opinions... the rhetoric from both major political parties and even "independent" sources has outreached anything coming close to reasonable... News has not come close to being unbiased on any subject... and frankly I am SICK of that too... even the people and propositions I supported in the end often stooped to hyperbole that was beyond anything helpful or reasonable. NOT a good way to win MY support!!!

I also want to say that I'm strictly a NO guns in my home type girl... That said, I think a good wallop upside the head with a big old cast iron frying pan to get the attention of all those "asleep at the wheel" types... is in order... (including to the many that seem determined to ignore "we the voters"...) Hopefully my vote helped to send just such a wallop to the ones that my vote had no direct effect on.

End comment... no need to mention probably that I am DONE listening to this campaign!

2 comments:

Michael Larsen said...

I've been done listening for months now (LOL!). It's a shame there isn't an option for "None of the above"... I fear tht entry would win by a landslide :).

Bonnie said...

As I listened to the candidates and the spinmeisters I despaired of ever finding peaceable, workable solutions to our nation's concerns. When even families succumb to hard-heartedness, what hope is there for a group of politicians to come together for the greater good? My vote is for the millennial era to be ushered in!