Wednesday, October 22

seeing an elephant fly...

...and other supposedly impossible feats.

A while ago, I started thinking about and making sure I had documented for my posterity all the miracles I have seen in my lifetime. I am not referring to event that that happen to others that you hear about... events which often take on "faith promoting rumor" status... I mean real events that I have actually witnessed for myself. Events that have happened in not only my own life, but that of my immediate family.

I will not enumerate those events here, for to do so in such an open way would in my opinion somehow negate the true sacredness of miracles... But I have written them in my journals over the years, and I have been recalling them and remembering how I felt at the time.

I am praying for a couple of new miracles in the life of my family and myself. Both are connected to physical and spiritual needs of myself and those I love... and at this point in time both seem nearly as impossible to me as seeing an elephant fly... but, I do and will continue to pray for intervention because I have faith in My Savior and in My Father to bless me and those I love... I know that; "...with men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible. Matt. 19:26." I have recently re-read a talk by Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin, “Shall He Find Faith on the Earth?,” Ensign, Nov 2002, pg 82... in which another encouraging scripture is quoted:

JOHN 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do......

3 comments:

Melinda said...

Thanks for this post. I needed the reminder about miracles.

Bonnie said...

Miracles, I'm still pining for the one we missed.

~pollyanna said...

I am sorry Bonnie... I have had some prayers answered in ways I did not want too... it's hard to take...