Monday, October 27

speaking of soups...

A friend whose blog I read regularly (see World of Washburns on the side links) mentioned soups in her blog the other day. Hubby and I love soups... so it has officially become soup season in this neighborhood too.

This week we will be having Chicken Pot Pie Soup, Chicken and Green Chile Soup With Tamale Dumplings, Beef Stew, and Texas Chili... I won't include recipes but if anyone wants to join us, I would be happy to share links for the one that is not my creation and recipes for the ones that are. Leftovers for soups are self correcting if one has a bit of freezer space and make great lunches for hubby, so they really fit our lifestyle...

Don't you just love a crock pot during the fall...?

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Mmmm, you're making me hungry. I made what could be called chicken pot pie soup yesterday. Dunno if it's the same as yours though. Also, I tried a pumpkin biscuit recipe for the first time to go along with it, and everyone heartily approved.

Beefche said...

Pot Pie Soup???? That sounds so yummy. Recipe or link please!

~pollyanna said...

Recipe sent... it's MY version of a recipe I got online, but now is not much like the original...

Bonnie, we made the Green Chile soup today... VERY yummy... We really liked the dumplings. for anyone interested, that URL is http://www.razzledazzlerecipes.com/soup-recipes/chicken-chile-soup.htm